Thursday, June 11, 2009

flip flops and sweatshirts


that's the new wardrobe i've adopted. kriminey! going into day 6 of cold, rainy weather, with nothing else in the forecast for another week! how do you seattlelites do it?

accchhhhh. i have napped enough, and spent enough time under the afghan, with the furnace on. in june. each night, i check the wunderground website (which, by the by, is excellent) and we get 0.01 inches of rain. that's not enough rain, people! if we are going to put up with clouds and cool weather every day, at LEAST could we get some measurable rain?

the plants really are not seeming to mind that much. i have lillies, catmint, irises, daisies, and my big blue indigo plant all blooming. i guess that they are just thankful for the fact that it isn't snowing. perhaps i could take a lesson.

ps. 8:15. sun just came out for a sec. thank you Lord :)

6 comments:

K~ said...

I hear ya. I have resorted to socks with my crocks! I know we need the rain, so that is nice, but the cold?? K~

KristieLou said...

Just pretend that it's fall and all the leave are pretty and crunchy and that it's almost Halloween.

(that's what I am doing ;)

bobbione8y said...

yeah. and we will have completely missed my favorite season. not so much, lou, not so much :)

cherk said...

Would you like me to send you some of my rain?? Older son just came out with the biggest grin, he could actually see sunlight through his blinds!

Karen said...

Go to 22192 and check out my forecast and rainfall. And then tell me how to find the rainfall, I can't figure it out.

bobbione8y said...

http://www.wunderground.com/history/airport/KDAA/2009/6/11/MonthlyHistory.html#calendar

you have to scroll about halfway down the page, left column - TINY line called "June calendar view" which lists rainfall/temps each day. yeah. bad web design!

but wow, you have some nice rainfall, woman. jealous.