Monday, June 29, 2009

chocolate and cherries




apparently, i was hungry for something this morning. not work, which did not seem too pressing today. sometimes, we freelancers get away with stuff.

anyway, the walls are more than halfway finished. gotta let the paint dry before i can move on, but i should knock this out in the next couple of days. i ended up going with a color called dhurrie pink, which is REAL close to the 1953 kitchen...looks more orange here than it is, although it's an orange-ish pink for sure.

thing is, i have absolutely NO pink things in my kitchen. not one. well, i have a plastic pink gerbera daisy. that needs dusting. i really am thinking this is more the neutral backdrop for all my great green/red/yellow/orange vintage things. oh my heaven's, it's bright! just a cheery, happy bright. not weird at all. i know, call me nuts, but i'm not going for an overall pink look. i'm so excited about how good the floor looks with the color! and also how the big black hole of a refrigerator and stove suddenly make more sense.

and all day long, i got to think of kathy (carey's mom) who helped me - actually mostly did all the work - paint the kitchen the first time. i miss her. i hope she will approve of this new color when she sees it :)

whew. i'm tired. going to go shower and admire for awhile...i kind of wish it was finished, though!


:)

8 comments:

KristieLou said...

o.k...that makes me so happy! I have had the most crappy day and the pink makes everything better. I can't wait to see it in person!

bobbione8y said...

lou. i swear. if nobody else gets it, i know you will want to camp out in this kitchen with me :))

i am sorry you have had a crappy day!! please have a good nite, ok?

Karen said...

I can't believe I'm writing this, but it looks.really.good. Only you, girlfriend. Only you.

I need to come back over.

KristieLou said...

I am so with you! I also really love how the black appliances look with the pink walls. Its amazing.

Its almost 10 and I am still at work. I wish elves would come finish for me. I need to focus and quit looking at the pink kitchen ;)

cherk said...

I am so all over that fudge sauce! Being a closet artist I so admire your flair for color, you are a brave woman!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

It's pinkalicious :)))

Unknown said...

Pink is the new everything...

K~ said...

YES!!! Very nice! K~