Thursday, January 29, 2009

snack time


hey, what is everybody doing for the super bowl? any good recipes to share? i need some inspiration. i will probably make my sausage wontons, they are pretty much always a hit. some people put actual ranch dressing in them, but i use a pkg. of the dry mix without liquid ... you can warm them up the next day too, if they make it that long.

let me know what you're eating, and who you are rooting for!

Sausage Wontons

* 1 (16 ounce) package wonton wrappers
* 1 pound sausage
* 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
* 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
* 1/2 cup chopped black olives, drained
* 1 pkg. Ranch dressing mix (or 1 cup dressing)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray a miniature muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. Insert wonton wrappers into the muffin pan so as to form small cups. Bake 5 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow the baked wrappers to cool. Remove from the pan.
3. In a medium bowl, mix the sausage, Monterey Jack, Cheddar, black olives and Ranch-style dressing. Fill the baked wonton wrapper cups with the mixture.
4. Bake the filled wonton wrappers 10 to 15 minutes, until the sausage mixture is bubbly and slightly brown. Watch closely so the wonton wrappers do not burn.

16 comments:

carey said...

Dudes, these things rock. Trust me. I made them for the fam at Christmas and I think my little brother ate 40 of them by himself.

Karen said...

Dude, I am so on my way to buy a mini muffin pan.

I will post my menu, soon.

bobbione8y said...

i thought we weren't going to use dude anymore?!

i guess for football we can make an exception. karen, make a double batch for your big fam.

Karen said...

No, if you go back, you see that I am not willing to let go of Dude. Everyone here (except the dog) answers to it, it's here to stay.

bobbione8y said...

recipes, dude, recipes :))

you are right. dude stays.

DeAnn said...

Okay this just totally psyched me up! These sounds awesome and perfect for game day. I'm making 'em for sure. THANKS, dude, glad you're one of my peeps...

Karen said...

So, dude, how many does this make? You know how my peeps like to eat.

bobbione8y said...

i think one recipe makes about 48...i know i have 2 mini muffin pans, and i think i filled them up almost.

they bake quickly though, so you can use one pan and just do them 24 at a time.

bobbione8y said...

deann, glad i could suggest something for YOUR peeps :)

cherk said...

Sounds awesome, no special menu here, my family is destined to live on leftovers until April

Unknown said...

We will live on the ever famous cheese dip, here.

Karen, don't read this...

1 lb. hamburger, browned
1 lb. velveeta, cubed
2 cups salsa, homemade:)
1 can cream of mush. soup

Put it all in the crock to meld together and serve with tortilla chips...

Have yet to make the wontons...can't seem to find them in any store. I must be dumb. Going to see if I can make them from scratch somehow...

bobbione8y said...

usually they are by the salad greens. i know. dumb. but that is where i find them in sunshine ;)

Karen said...

Dude. You brown the sausage first, right? I'm all set over here, thinking about doing some pre-gameday prep.

Oh, Rani. Where did I go wrong? Velveeta AND cream of mushroom???

Karen said...

Will you email me the answer to that, please?

Unknown said...

yes, I know...I do use a dry mix for my cream of mushroom soups...

bobbione8y said...

hey Ran!

we made the cheese dip, sans the mushroom soup. i ate about a cup of it :))) thanks for the reminder.