Tuesday, January 06, 2009

i'll have what she's having



last night i had a chance to attend my worship group, which normally meets once a week, but for some reason got caught up in the season and had not met since right before thanksgiving. these are all the women i have "grown up" in Christ with, and i love them dearly.

of course, we started talking about the new year, in the perspective of what the Lord is doing here on earth. one friend read a prophecy from Pat Robertson, and another read her own words that the Lord had spoken to her. what we mostly gathered from these words were that the world may be in peril, but God is in charge, and His plans for people will be amazing, things we have never seen.

my favorite part of the night was when we sort of started talking about our personal dreams for 2009, and my friend dianne said "i just want to be of absolutely no earthly good!" we all laughed, but it has stuck with me into this morning. i found a johnny cash song which explains the sentiment pretty well.

oh Lord, please make today of absolutely no earthly worth, but all for You and Your kingdom. not just today, but every day...!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, yeah. I'm going to sit down with God right.now.

Thanks.

Karen said...

I did. I wrote him a letter and then just sat with him for awhile. It was good, but I think it's something I'm going to really have to practice. The way my mind wanders while I'm with the Creator of the Universe is seriously insanely stupid.

bobbione8y said...

i find that my DEEPEST worship happens in this small group. it's just very intense and sweet. i wonder if you had a prayer partner, if it would help your focus? i have the same trouble in my personal worship time...will pray for both of us in that area :)

Karen said...

It's probably Brenda across the street. You know, the one who had the breast cancer scare? We were supposed to start a bible study together MONTHS ago. I'd better call.

bobbione8y said...

oh yeah. you had better!!

:)