Friday, January 09, 2009

1 penny?!!


so, because of all the "bee" love this week, i decided to order a 2nd book by sue monk kidd. turns out she has written mostly christian genre books, but "bees" was her first venture into fiction. this is her 2nd...

the thing i MUST rave about again is amazon's used bookstore. i consider my subscription as a "prime" member of amazon (about $80/year, but free shipping) a nice little gift to myself that saves me alot of hours at the bookstore. i do have a serious problem, though, with dropping $10-$15 for paperback fiction books that you may or may not even like. this is where the "used" section of amazon is AMAZING! this book is offered for ONE PENNY from several different vendors (they make their money from the $3.99 shipping). so, for $4, you could have this book sent to your house. i decided to go wild, and found a $4.49 brand new version that came with FREE prime shipping. so, i got a new book for $4.50....cannot do much better than that without garage sales!

ps. i know about libraries, but our local one kind of sucks. i think i have read every decent fiction book there. however, they are in the midst of a vast remodel, and i have hopes of good things to come. until then, amazon rules.

2 comments:

Karen said...

You know me, I cannot buy books, but I'm happy for you. When I come over (which I will, someday), I might just curl up with your library and never leave. Oh, and I'll want to play with your cool gas stove, too.

bobbione8y said...

i did NOT know you cannot buy books - all the wonderful books you read are from the library?


i need to move.