Saturday, January 17, 2009

next door neighbor


i know i said i shouldn't be doing any more movie reviews, but apparently i lied. i simply MUST talk about gran torino.

oh clint eastwood, who KNEW i would end up loving you so? and after million dollar baby, i just didn't think it would get any better for the old guy. i was SO so wrong, i knew it from the minute i saw the trailer for this film (which, btw, was months and months ago)!

this film has everything i need to love a film. good guys and bad guys. humor. emotional connection. bigger picture statement about the "state of things." a wonderful ending.

this was perhaps one of the best films i have ever seen. if clint were here, i would give him a big ole hug for making it. even for SINGING the soundtrack. he is daring, too! you simply have to go to this movie, i cannot believe anybody would not enjoy it... and no, don't take your children, this is for YOU.

disregard angelina jolie, not sure why she is there. this is the car from the movie tho!

ps. you will also come away from this filming wanting one. a gran torino, i mean.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Really? REALLY?? This movie looked so yucky. Are you SURE I'll like it?

bobbione8y said...

no karen. i really admit i have no idea what you like :)

i'm going to quit recommending others to see things. but dang, i loved loved loved this film. if you thought it "looked yucky" you would probably not, right?

Karen said...

Well, I guess it looked suspenseful, and like it couldn't possibly end well. The hub and I were actually going to see it last night, but missed the early and decided we're too old for the late show. :-)

Now I'm thinking about what I like. Hmmm. Have to get back to you on that one.

bobbione8y said...

hmmm. hmmmm is right. anything i say will probably tell you too much!

and ps. phillip and i went to the MATINEE. perfect. only $5, and still home by 7 so that i could get the jammmies on.

i am afraid, but i kind of hope you go and don't get mad at me if you don't like it...? how's THAT for softening my recommendation?

carey said...

karen, bobbi is good with boy movies and she does just fine with superhero stuff. i think this is a movie you go to because you think trevor will like it, and then you end up liking it too.

kind of like iron man.

does that help?

bobbione8y said...

hey carey, i think you have that about right. my movie tastes DO reflect that my normal movie partner is a boy. but i have seen a LOT of good movies since becoming a "boy" movie goer that i might have missed otherwise!

this is iron man, only sad.

K~ said...

Ok, I have wanted to see this movie SO BAD!! I of course you know, have had a strong love affair with mr eastwood. I really liked what I saw in the promos. It really reminds me of his dirty harry days. and his spaghetti westerns. K~

Karen said...

Um, I don't really like superhero movies. I keep thinking that the climax is coming, coming, coming, and then the movie is over and I wonder what the big deal was. Kind of like high school ___.

I am willing to see this, though.

bobbione8y said...

kirst, you will LOVE clint in this one. could not believe he is in his 80s!!! he seriously looks like he's in his ... 60s :)))