Saturday, January 10, 2009

baby steps

one of the best things about the new year is the desire to get organized. it appears every jan. 1 for me, but by today - the 10th - it is starting to wane a little already. i still have not touched the dreaded closet(s), which is what really needs to happen.

but, one step at a time.

for as long as i've had my cute vintage dresser (about 10 years i guess), i've stashed crap in the 2" high top drawer. various jewelry, tags from clothes, every extra button to every item i've ever purchased, etc. yes, it was a junk drawer. here is the proof:


so this morning i decided to change all that. i took out the drawer contents, and put a false bottom in the drawer covered in fabric...then, i added a series of foam core "dividers" out of some scrap foam core. i kind of just made it willy nilly, but it seems fairly sturdy.


and look at my junk drawer now:


isn't that better? for the record, i threw away 97% of the stuff that used to be in there. like antibiotics for beener who died 2 years ago! sheesh. but what i KEPT can easily be seen now!


especially these lovely handmade crochet wristlets, which came in the mail yesterday. thanks kirsten, I LOVE THEM :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

foamcore for dividers -- brilliant! i might be copying that idea very soon. so clever. and organized!

Karen said...

Sheesh, I'm not gonna let the hub see this. I kind of like my junk drawer junkie. :-)

cherk said...

Ohh the junk drawer or the junk closest..the worst thing when I organze them is hubby throwing things IN them and keeping them stayig that way! Good job, Bobbi, baby steps are always best

K~ said...

Oh I am so glad they came. I thought they looked vintage! They also match your bookmark. Love your dividers. K~