Monday, January 12, 2009

acting lessons

so, last night i actually tried to watch the golden globe awards. could. not. do. it. well, i sort of flipped over on commercial breaks, but even that was hard. mostly of course, i wanted to see the clothing.

what the ????

anyway. actors are ridiculous! i think it's so funny that some of them actually attempt to give their opinions on important things, like how our country is doing. or colin ferrell deciding to talk about love? i think he was trying to make up for all the bad press of the last DECADE or something! really, all one needs to do is have a look at mickey rourke to see that we might NOT want to listen to actors. he did thank his dog though, i thought that was sweet.

am i the only one who has not seen many of these winning movies? i did buy "revolutionary road" - the book - this weekend, so i will not be so out of it. otherwise, i felt a bit like i live in a hole.


lucky for me, jack bauer gave me the thrilling evening i needed :)) oh. love that show. love it so much it's on again tonite, and i cannot wait!!

9 comments:

Karen said...

Hm. Were the clothes cool?

RR is on my to-read list, too. Let me know what you think, ok?

bobbione8y said...

susan says it's good ;) i will give you my opinion when i get it read...


clothes were ... okay.

bobbione8y said...

oh, did you notice how i railed about actors, then stated how much i love 24?

THAT is why i am tormented :)

Karen said...

I think that what you love is actors acting, not actors doing so much of anything else. Keep them in their place, and they're perfectly lovely. Nothing to be tormented over.

Who IS that woman in the retarded see-through top?

bobbione8y said...

EXACTLY.

oh. the is renee hafflezinger. or whatever. she cannot possibly have thought that would look GOOD, can she?

cherk said...

Ok, I think you are a secret celebrity freak like me, I get sucked into celebrity stuff and then think good grief!

K~ said...

Bob. I totally agree. I think that I like them acting not speaking out about what is the right thing to do. I think that is why i get so frustrated when a progam I like to watch, get a bad actor on it. It is so frustrating. I thought of you and Jack this weekend. Glad you are getting a thrill. I got my Monk fix on Friday and Satruday. K~

Karen said...

Oh, yeah. Rene. Her hair looks good.

bobbione8y said...

look close. it was a bee's nest. now i feel bad. everybody was ragging on that horrible dress...!