Thursday, January 08, 2009

bee movie for grownups :)

i really should quit writing movie reviews. i am finding that tastes vary drastically even among friends :)

however, last night, a bunch of the girls went to see "secret life of bees" at the cheap theatre here in town, and unless somebody was fibbing, we all loved it.

i had high expectations because the book is SO good. i think i'll even get another book or two by sue monk kidd, it was that good. the movie was pretty true to the storyline, except i think T. Ray was scarier in the book.

otherwise, these characters matched the people in my head pretty well. if you haven't seen it, and you - like me - think the south in 1964 is about the best place on earth you could possibly want to be, then i think you would like it.

4 comments:

Karen said...

I liked that book, which usually always means that the movie will irritate me. You can never do a book justice, never.

I'll put it in my queue, but pretty sure the hub won't be my girlfriend..

bobbione8y said...

you know, i am pretty sure phillip would like it. might have to try it with him as a rental sometime...

Karen said...

Really? Ok, we'll give it a go.

bobbione8y said...

phil does NOT usually like girl movies, but he liked smart people, and music and lyrics, so gauge it from that :)