Wednesday, May 30, 2007

two steps forward


take a look at this. 4 cabbages purchased on same day, in same pot, all looking somewhat alike, planted in same ground, getting same sun and same rain and same love. what the? well, at least i'll have ONE red cabbage by summers end!


or not.


by the grace of God, i will be having salad by the end of this week however.


tell me, HOW do these climbers KNOW which direction to climb? seriously, it boggles my mind. not one of them is indecisive. they all head right for the closest upward path. oh. if only i were THAT SMART.


and finally the piece de resistance (yeah, i had to look up how to spell that), tomato blossoms to behold. yuuuuuuuummm, worth the wait for sure.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Aaahhhh, tomatoes. There is nothing on this earth quite like a home-grown mater. I hope you planted plenty, 'cause if you come without them I just may leave you at the airport.

:-)

Susan said...

I love tomatoes too! We used to eat them like apples out of my dad's garden.

I love your garden pictures, they inspire me and my fledgling greenery.

K~ said...

My 2 tomato plants are looking good too! I am so excited. They are only about 10 to 12" tall and no blooms. I think that they are doing fine! I also planted a banana pepper plant. We'll see. K~

Chris said...

Beautiful Bobbi, I really wish I had you green thumb!