Monday, May 14, 2007

happy monday







yesterday my mom and i "hit" the greenhouse for our major shopping spree. i didn't go too crazy, but i will still be planting for a couple of weeks i suppose. these are all plants for the various pots i have around the house. most of the planting in the beds is done, but this is the "creative" part that i most enjoy. i sit and arrange and rearrange and decide what looks best with what. not that i'm really good at it. often at the end of the season i think "that was a bad idea."

but still, it's my favorite part, if there is a favorite part when you like everything about something. ha.

now that it's spring, i find i get a couple extra hours every day. much like a kid on the morning of christmas or his birthday, i get up extra early so i can go outside and BE in this garden i am so enthralled with. in the morning, i really don't do much out here. all of the weeding and watering and tending is done at other times of the day.

but this is when i am most at peace. i can read the Word and pray. i can admire and see God's creations right up close. mostly i guess, i can daydream about beautiful things and perfect worlds and what will be. it changes who i am, even if i sort of forget about it temporarily when i go back to my day of computers and clients and the work week.

i cannot think of a better way to start the day.

7 comments:

Susan said...

SO PRETTY!!!

I hear ya. I am so happy puttering in the dirt, it is my therapy. I just really want to keep it going this year because when it gets really hot I tend to lose interest. I guess that makes me a fair-weather gardener. This year feels different though.

I really need to pick your brain on selections for the front garden, maybe I will post pictures and you can take a look and give me your two cents.

carey said...

i did some planting on saturday but am not even in the same category as you are, my friend. can't wait to come hang in the porch with you this summer.

Karen said...

I get happy just looking at your pictures! I can imagine how much joy you have sitting in your yard..I think I get that same "changed" feeling when I'm in the mountains.

bobbione8y said...

oh, susan, post pics. i would love to see your garden. i see all gardens pretty much the same. works in progress, just like us :)

care, you are welcome anytime. i agree that orange and purple works!

karen, you got it. God gives us all our "happy" places in His creation. i have felt "it" in the mountains too .

Unknown said...

We finally planted the garden, scratch that, DH planted the garden yesterday.

Tomatoes, Cukes, Peppers, Onions, Carrots, Squash, Lettuce, Watermelon, and SUNFLOWERS.

I also have some flowers, but I don't know where to put them.

K~ said...

Bob, I love your plants. I was thinking of you when I went to Highland Nursery the other day. I will email you on dates to come up and visit! K~

Chris said...

I know you may not read this, but please come help me get my flower beds together!