Thursday, May 24, 2007

is it my birthday?


i woke up this morning with an unexpected surprise. somewhere in the last couple days i got a present, a REALLY big one.

i have been given the GIFT of faith.

from God, who gives such things to us.

i'll elaborate a little bit here. i kind of mentioned a health issue i am facing, the reality is that it has been around for a couple of years. just not as bad as it is now. and the circumstances aren't exactly great, because i somehow let my insurance lapse. yeah, procrastination costs you.

the really GOOD news, is that God has stepped into my situation, regardless of my mistakes. He has told me that BY FAITH i will be healed. Wanna know how he did it?

Well on Sunday (before i was feeling too sick) he gave me an "image" in my head. it was of me, kneeling on the ground, touching the hem or edge of his robe, as He passed by me. i have always LOVED this image. even before now, this IS how i imagined myself with God. not making a big deal about being there with Him, because i don't want Him to think i'm weird, but just HAVING to touch Him. i'm a toucher. He knows that.

so anyway, back to the story. As it goes, i did get quite a flareup and scare with this health issue starting on tuesday. and in the time between the sun porch on sunday and today, FOUR other people besides myself have felt in their Spirit that God had luke 8:43 to say to me. it goes like this:

As Jesus was on his way, the crowds almost crushed him. And a woman was there who had been subject to bleeding for twelve years, but no one could heal her. She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.

"Who touched me?" Jesus asked.
When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you."

But Jesus said, "Someone touched me; I know that power has gone out from me."

Then the woman, seeing that she could not go unnoticed, came trembling and fell at his feet. In the presence of all the people, she told why she had touched him and how she had been instantly healed. Then he said to her, "Daughter, your faith has healed you. Go in peace."

what is extraordinary to me, is that when this began a couple of days ago i did NOT possess the faith to reach out and believe He would heal me. but now, i believe he has GIVEN me that faith!! crazy!

and no, i am not totally better. i don't know if i'll have to take a pill, or change my diet or just wake up tomorrow and it will be gone. doesn't matter. i AM healed, and i it came from GOD. and no matter what it takes to get from here to there, He has given me a present that i have SO been longing for. i believe Him.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful. Let you light SHINE, sister!

Every good GIFT and every perfect GIFT is from above, and comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning. James 1:17

K~ said...

I am so glad Bobbi. I have been praying for you. And, I will keep doing so :-)! K~

Chris said...

Bobbi, that was a very touching story. Thank you so much for sharing it. It may sounds strange to people when they hear stories like that can't be explained in a concrete way. But when something like that happens, there is just no mistaking who it is coming from.