Wednesday, May 09, 2007

crazy small world




for about a month, i have been dealing with a crappy leak in my bathroom sink. i'm a procrastinator with this stuff, just like i am with going to the dentist. i don't know if i think it will magically disappear or what, but anyway. i hate dealing with stuff.

so i was firmly in denial til this morning, when the water started flowing out from underneath the KITCHEN sink. okay. that's over the top. i had to call a plumber. since i have absolutely no referrals or knowledge of a good plumber, i went to the phone book. i kind of prayed, but not really. mostly i just looked for the right ad. not too big, not too small, professional but simple. found one, called the guy and he said he'd be over in a couple of hours.

dax has been here all day. turns out, he lives about a block away, and has for the whole time i have been here too. he is mexican, an immigrant from california 8 years ago. he loves my house (which is spanish) and says it reminds him of home. he says he loves my landscaping, and his family walks by here and admires it often (have never seen them, i don't think). he has a wife and two little ones, a 38 day old baby girl, and a three year old boy (daxcito!) with downs syndrome. he told me about how God changed his heart by giving him his son.

right now, i hear him talking spanish to Siesta, which is just hilarious.

i cannot believe how the Lord is even in the phone book.

6 comments:

Karen said...

!!!!

The Monkey would say that God is telling you He loves you!!

Siesta. Spanish. Ha!

Unknown said...

Amen!

KristieLou said...

I love the thought that he is speaking spanish to siesta.

That makes me smile :)

Chris said...

Cool! Now can you pray that I find someone like that to fix my doornob so I can get out my mop out of the closet?

bobbione8y said...

chris,

i have gotten a lot of great workmen through prayer.

heck, i am even going to marry one of em.

you just never know :)))

Karen said...

Hmmmmm...Chris--I'll bring your doornob-fixer over this evening, but he's already married.