Monday, August 20, 2007

meet the new me

after another rousing weekend on the back forty,
i am starting to think i'm going to have to change my name to something else.

and no, it doesn't have to do with my impending marriage.

i am really truly on my way to being the housewife i was meant to be!

or maybe it's more like "homemaker."
what a good title that is.

this weekend i lived up to the name.
plus, i noticed that what used to be my graphic design studio is NOW a sewing room.

seriously.
look at how cute my 30 year old sewing machine is in there!!!!



i used it this weekend to complete my very first apron. i'm behind kristie, another well-known homemaker, but at least i'm a finisher.





i noticed AFTER i got it done, that the pattern said "for more experienced sewers."

probably because it has pleats, darts, appliques, and is reversible.

still, it turned out quite well.

so well, in fact, that i even got half of a 2nd one done, in addition to weeding the garden, baking bread and cleaning the house.

a woman's work IS never done, thankfully.
i'm kinda starting to like this new name.

8 comments:

carey said...

it's crazy how so many of my friends are finding their softer domestic sides...i know mine has to be under here somewhere. sigh.

Unknown said...

it isn't the leave it to beaver homemaker anymore, we are a new generation of Starbucks housewives and we are loving every minute of it, right? well maybe not EVERY minute...

bobbione8y said...

yeah, that's the thing.

although if truth be told,
i think God invented women like us even BEFORE he invented the Beav

:)

i made bread because i saw your recipe!!!!!

DeAnn said...

I've gotta tell you...you are the homemaker of all homemakers! I have been a stay-at-home mommy for 7 years and not even close to your domestic abilities. You are sooo good! I admire your talents.

Karen said...

You are indeed a woman of many talents. Now get over here and entertain these bored children for me. They're driving me nuts.

Also, will you find me some cool fabric for my next quilt? I decided that I'm never again going to cut 198 squares by hand.

bobbione8y said...

okay girls.

all of you should know that the REASON why i appear so talented is that i have no children to focus my creativity on.

YOU GUYS are the talented ones!!!!!

and yes, karen, i would love to pick out fabric for somebody besides me for a change :)

Susan said...

Wow. I am amazed and jealous, I want to do that too.

I too struggle with the title house wife, stay at home mom, domestic engineer etc. I too have embraced "Homemaker".

Some days I am the feisty homemaker, angry homemaker, happy homemaker, but long to be the creative homemaker you are...

I think you should put "templates" out there of the fabrics you guys pick because they are just so good.

K~ said...

Oh My Bob, I mean homemaker. I tell ya. I have been struggling with all the icky parts of being a becky homecky for a good part of 20 years now. Good luck with all this change. K~