Wednesday, August 15, 2007

love, pain and the whole crazy thing


just downloaded another keith urban cd. i'm a bit behind on things, i guess this was released in october of last year. wasn't it about then that his problems with alcohol, etc., came out in the media?

i like him anyway, i hope he and what's her name are doing well.

it's WAY too easy to buy music online though! i do miss the old days, when you bought a shiny new ALBUM and got to peel away the plastic and see the beautiful (or sometimes, NOT) artwork on the inside!!!!

i guess the tradeoff for the textural thing of a real piece of paper is immediacy. good thing i'm an impulsive girl, or i wouldn't be too happy with all this modern stuff.

6 comments:

Karen said...

Is he good? I've never been great on keeping up w/music. I do love it, but since my more-musically-inclined girlfriends are far far away, I've given up on staying current. Isn't he country? I think my country days ended after that disastrous stint as a country music disk jockey..

bobbione8y said...

yes, he is country. and yeah, i think he's good. mostly love songs and drinkin' songs, but he also has a faith in God i think.

i don't listen to country much anymore, but i had a garth brooks phase, and of course i grew up listening to merle and johnny in the truck with my dad :)

okay.
please blog about the dj adventure. my curiosity is .... curiouser.

carey said...

crazy. for some reason i have not gotten your updated blogs for about a week, and tonite i just got the whole flood. ha. thanks for ratting me out about good housekeeping...seriously, there was something in there about cleaning shower doors with something...wish i could remember what is was..?

K~ said...

I need to know how to download music? Can you teach me? K~

Chris said...

I LOVE KEITH URBAN! There I said it. I have several of his CD's and I saw him 2 summers ago at Red Rocks. He is more than a country artist. He is also a rocker, he's raw amd honest. You have to hear him.

bobbione8y said...

thanks for agreeing Chris!

yes, you almost have to just listen to him for awhile. at first he sounds just like every other country guy, but then he is just more "raw and honest" than most.

i heart him. :)

kirst, you cannot just go download music, you have to join a club (i use itunes) and pay for the stuff these days.

$9.99 a pop for most albums.

not sure where pc users go!
anyone have advice?