Thursday, August 30, 2007

girls night out

last night i got to spend time with cassie and kristie and talk artsy stuff. funny thing is, we ran into a couple of other artistic women, cassie's former teachers, and they were doing THE EXACT SAME THING.

in all of my years as a designer, my cup has never overfloweth with so many ideas in my head. most of them (well, ALL of them) do not involve the computer!!!!! finally, i think i have hit the wall on making brochures. note to all my clients who read this, of course that doesn't mean YOU, for whom i am grateful and blessed :)

he he.

seriously, i like making things with my hands. and the women in my life who are so similar in this respect are making me CRAZY by inspiring me even more. the frenzy we all feel when we get together and talk crafts/art projects is absolutely insane. ask any husband about this (or boyfriend in my case) and they just shake their head in bewilderment.

do any of you non-designer people know what i'm talking about? or is it really just us?

last night, kristie brought me back a gift from her monday road trip to Ikea:

what a cute little lampshade! naturally, she bought one for herself (we are the queens of "let's get one for each of us") and i am absolutely smitten with mine.

it led me to purchase THIS book right away today:




so that i can make THIS as soon as possible:



oh my. soon my head is absolutely going to twist off my head. i cannot contain the happiness over the thought of making more beautiful stuff in the near future.

6 comments:

KristieLou said...

Oh, I can't wait to see the book! Is this our next project??

:)

bobbione8y said...

um yes!!!

perhaps we could embroider your logo on our aprons?

:))))

maybe.

Karen said...

What language are you speaking??? I CANNOT UNDERSTAND YOU!

Heh. I think my creative desires top-out at home-decorating and food. I am thankful that God made people like y'all :-), and am happy to remind you that my birthday is in November.

carey said...

your head is going to twist off your head?

that's good stuff.

bobbione8y said...

thanks Care.

i re-read that and thought "that's an interesting concept but i am too lazy to make it make sense."

he he.

karen,
what color apron would you like?
you MUST have one, will get going on it :)

Karen said...

Bob--I hope you bring it yourself! I'm still diggin' on anything turquoise and brown.