Friday, August 24, 2007

g'day for a b'day


photo courtesy of Rani :)


even though today is officially my birthday,
it's going to be hard to top yesterday.

carey decided to invite a few friends for a "girls lunch" for me, and i had such a great time!

in attendance (this is kinda like those small-town newspaper accounts of what happened, when, and who was involved)....

Rani. new friend extraordinaire. with 2 kids (one in utero) along, and as always the sharpest wit of all :) so glad i get to see her for real on a regular basis now, but she IS THE ONE who got me blogging, and changed my life.

KristieLou. art buddy like no other. she whipped up a FANTASTIC handmade bag for me this week, even though she is torturously (is that a word?) busy and in demand. God blessed me with her in my life about 15 years too late. i would be alot more fruitfully creative if i had known her sooner :)

April. another new friend from Montrose! they grow them well out there. i loved her little girl, who seemed to enjoy the beginnings of "girl dates" and especially the mexican food...

Carey. well, i talk about her alot, but that is because she is my "best man" for life. i know that sounds kinda weird, but really it fits. lucky for me, she is a girly girl at times even IF i always call her "man."

DeAnn. WOW!!!!! i got to meet a fellow blogger for the first time! what a great surprise, she is just as charming in person, and now i can really relate a face to the cool blog posts. so nice to meet you DeeAnn ;)

Rhonda. oh. sometimes, you just don't see friends often enough, because it always seems the plate is too full. but i miss this one, and loved seeing her wearing her "new mom" face so beautifully. i really loved the beautiful prayer box she gave me also.

Anne. another one i don't see often enough, even if she stalks me here (she told me that). but she's been there on the important days, and for that God knows she is always deeply engrained into my heart.

Cassie. oh, she would be my daughter if i actually could pick who my daughter would be! Cass is the intern who i decided to keep, i know a good one when i find one. LOVE the epcot center mugs she thought of for me, and more importantly, loved seeing her face again, and knowing she is back here close by so that we can play together often.

schwew.
with that kind of gathering, i cannot possibly believe today could be better! but i'm certainly grateful for the 45 years i've had so far, so today i will surely give thanks!!

5 comments:

K~ said...

Happy Birthday BOB! K~

Karen said...

Happy birthday to you
Happy birthday to you
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DEAR BOBBI....

Happy Birthday to yooooooooouuuuuuu!!

bobbione8y said...

karen and kirst!

you guys were 2 of the "absent ones" but surely you are on my girls lunch list for the days when distance is not an issue :)))

thanks for the greeting :)

Unknown said...

so much fun, we will have to make it an annual event..

Susan said...

Belated Happy, happy friend.

So glad you had a good day filled with friends. Wish I could have dropped by.

Again, happy birthday.