Monday, August 06, 2007

and they all fall DOWN




ah. the taste of disappointment hit me as i awoke on saturday. althoughthe 2.66" of rain we received the previous night was no doubt an answer to prayer, the aftermath was also pretty painful.

about 90% of my beloved sunflower garden went DOWN, and went down hard. i imagine the huge stalks could not handle the weight of so much rain at one time. they were all snapped at the base, so all of them had to be removed.

i tried not to dwell on it, but i was so bummed out. for one, they were my (and the bees!) favorite thing in the garden this year! secondly, they provided privacy from the perverted neighbor. and thirdly, i am just not ready for my plants to die. everything in season, but not yet. please, not yet.

oh well. i DID cut a big beautiful bouqet for the house, and i DID enjoy them so much while they lasted :)

1 comment:

Karen said...

:-( I loved them from a distance.