Wednesday, June 06, 2007

i will not be defeated


so, still struggling with the health probs.

last week, it came to my attention that i may have a MORTAL enemy that i was not even aware of. and yes, i have to admit he's been somebody i thought was my friend.

meet evil mr. yeast.

he gets into your system after you've been sick, or if you've been on antibiotics, and he multiplies. and multiplies. and starts to mess things up.

oh. and he hangs around and gets even MORE unruly when he's accompanied by his two best friends, mr. mold and mr. sugar.

it seems that the three of them have been wreaking havoc with me for too long. so in the words of that famous Christian chuck norris: "Violence is my last option." i guess it's time for me to fight back.

unfortunately, fighting back means letting go. letting go of cheesecake and wine (mold), vanilla bean ice cream and chocolate chips straight from the bag (sugar, duh), and of course my old standbys bread, muffins, bagels, dough of any sort, and all things good.

it's tough to play hardball, but somebody has to do it.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Oh, gosh Bob. So proud of you for taking this bull by the horns. Think of all the positives, though (you do this to me when I'm having a pity-party :-)). You will drop some winter weight, surely, and inevitably feel like a new woman. Can't wait to hear about your progress and your good news. Thank GOD for that garden!!