Tuesday, June 19, 2007

hair-woe-ing


why the heck is hair so hard?

after MONTHS of wanting to cut all my hair off, i chickened out because my boyfriend likes long hair.

i did however get a really cute scrunchy, curly "do" yesterday when i went in for a trim, and wanted something different. it is amazingly curly! no, it's not short like i wanted, but i figured it would make that certain someone happy that i didn't "chop chop."

actually, he said it was "different."

followed by "you're not going to keep it like that, are you?"

hmmmm.

this morning, my best buddy calls me after HER haircut, and it seems her hubby doesn't care for short hair either.

that's it. i'm ordering one of these suckers for the men in our lives, and letting us keep our cute hair for everybody else!

7 comments:

carey said...

yes. what IS it about hair that causes so much strife? i wanted it short. i cut it short. after one look from my husband, i find myself tugging on it with a vengance, wondering how long it will take to grow back out.

grrrr.

Unknown said...

be happy you have the choice to have short or long hair, I am so thankful to have the short hair I have now, even though long locks would be better :) God made you, both, beautiful, long or short on top!

Karen said...

I have been in HAIR DESPAIR for the last two months. I want it long, I want it short, I always always always want it different than it is. My current strategy is to not cut it, not style it, not do a single thing and hope it somehow magically becomes beautiful and cool.

SDGuy91 said...

Here I am again - the only guy around to make comments....

Generally speaking, I do like longer hair on women. "Longer" meaning...shoulder length...or thereabouts. I'm not sure exactly why...maybe I think it just makes women look a little more feminine.

I've probably said enough...I'll stop now :-)

bobbione8y said...

yeah Dave, we figured that out already :)

not complaining that men are acting like men on this one, just frustrated that women have a hard time with long hair, generally. it's flat and style-less and dingy on me for example, but phillip just looks at me and says "i like it."

what's a girl to do? i think wigs are a good solution, don't you? or do you prefer "real" hair?

he he.

Susan said...

I know what we can do - all win the lottery and then cut our hair so we can go in for extensions every other week, just like Paris and Britney.

Although when I cut it short I am not going with the do it yourself Briney Spears method.

Chris said...

Unless you have your own stylist, like Britney, I say do what makes YOU happy! I think, for now maybe, I have reconciled with the fact that I will never be a long haired girl, and instead am a cute shorter haired girl. I feel better about myself, which I would hope would come across to the opposite sex. Of course, I am dateless....so......