Saturday, June 09, 2007

bowled over




i decided just to harvest my whole radish crop this morning, and i'm pretty happy with the results. these are part of the organic seeds i ordered in january, and they came out fat and round and red, and none of them got "woody" which i remember my grandma talking about.

the best part of this is, well there are two best parts.

1) thankfully radishes are allowed on the "kill everything in your system" restrictive diet i'm on, and

2) now i have some valuable real estate cleared up to plant something else! i'm thinking more lettuce, and some garlic before it gets too hot.

and PRAISE BE TO HIM i found a recipe on the internet for "radish salad" (see granola girl blog at right) that I CAN ACTUALLY EAT! woo hoo.

sometimes the best things are the little things :)

happy saturday!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I may have the beat, but you've got the goods!!!
I had no idea that those little guys were done growing so quickly. They look yummy, and I'm so glad you get to eat them. :-)

Garlic rocks.

Chris said...

Wow, those look really good. Send some my way please!