Monday, June 04, 2007

2 peas


sometimes in life, you just have the greatest fortune in unexpected places. it's like that for me with my new friend kristie.

see, i've known her (somewhat) for forever, but there are things i just didn't know. as i find out more about her, i really just feel happy that we are getting to be friends. it's great to have somebody who loves christian music as much as me, and is willing to be my concert buddy, for instance!

when we shop, however, there is some danger involved.

we are like two peas in a pod. saturday we went to hobby lobby, and hysteria ensued. we were going to "look" for an item for a craft idea we have, but once we got a good whiff of crafts wafting in the air, we both started to exhibit strikingly similar symptoms!

case in point, we bought stuff. both of us. remarkably, many of the items we purchased were THE EXACT SAME THING. take this gorgeous yellow and orange platter that we found in the clearance aisle for 66% off!!!!!!! only 2 remaining! aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh! we each got one, with the thought that it would be a good birdbath. i already have 3 birdbaths, but heck, i have a lot of dirty birds, too.

so, here's what i did with it. i found a plant stand yesterday at kmart for $12 bucks, and with a little help from my dad, i think it will work for a base.

i will not be at all surprised if i find out she got the exact same stand and had her dad help her make HER birdbath yesterday :)

2 comments:

Susan said...

See, this is why you do what you do. You can look at a platter and make a birdbath out of it. I don't think I would ever think of that on my own.

So now thanks to you my creative friend, I will be wandering estate sales looking for a platter to make a birdbath...

So cool.

bobbione8y said...

actually, kristie lou is the one who came up with the idea :)

and funnily enough, i think she is going to use HERS as a platter :)

ha.