Tuesday, May 01, 2012

mish mash

another grey day. well, good. maybe i will actually stay in the office and work today....maybe.

i don't actually have enough of anything for a full blog post, just lots of little things...here goes.

I have plants everywhere around here, some from my mom and some from bargain shopping. I am not a huge fan of 'little' everything, but I guess for this year, it is what it is. Maybe by next year things will fill in a bit.



I finally filled the big empty wall in my office that I stare at all day long (well, in addition to my monitor). I decided to kind of 'match' my curtains....with a catchy old tune from Schoolhouse Rock! called 'three is a magic number.' Mostly because I found a lovely '3' that I wanted to use, plus, I'm rockin' the chevrons these days, so I threw some of those in there, too.




One of the best parts of our trip to Des Moines was a stop at Trader Joe's - I'd never been to one before! Last night I tried the tri-color quinoa...it was a bit weird in texture, but kind of pretty. I need to find a good salad recipe, I think.


so, that's it for Tuesday! Have a happy one!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Three IS a magic number!!!

I can't even tell you how much I wish we had talked before you went to TJ's. I have a Top Ten (or 12) list of TJ favorites!! Darn. Next time.

Did you rinse your quinoa before cooking? I just learned that (apparently) it's important to do a little soak-rinsy thing first..

bobbione8y said...

oh well, might get back to TJ in the next decade :)

i don't think i'll be eating enough quinoa to worry about rinsing...reminded me of what eating a plate of tiny little bugs might be like ;)

Karen said...

I think the soak/rinse would help with that. Also, the recipe. If you're interested, I can send you my fave.

bobbione8y said...

okay. rinsing it is - recipe welcome! i have a whole %^&* bag of this stuff to eat still!