Monday, April 09, 2012

post easter post.


hi all.

how was your easter?

i spent some time yesterday in the sunporch with siesta, sun shining on me, reading 1 john (and 2 john and 3 john, actually). what a good way to spend easter morning. truly soaking up the knowledge of God who loves us. what that really means, more and more and more.





the rest of the weekend was good, too. saturday i cleaned this place with a vengeance. what a lot of yuckiness to clean, from carpentry and winter and just general unruliness on my part.

as luck would have it, i ran out of windex. which sent me a googlin' and found me a great recipe!

1/4 cup white vinegar
1 T. cornstarch
2 c. warm water....


which is BETTER than good! my stupid, stupid very black and always showin' something yucky stove is sparkly. and streak-free, something i had a hard time achieving before.


yay for homemade cleaners! must. make. more.





 yesterday, i went home for the day.

my dad helped me with a few projects, like assembling my tiller and painting/rewiring my cool 1960s light fixture. which i love. both that my dad helped me, and the light fixture :) what a blessing family is. i love, love, love my family.

mom and i spent a bunch of time figuring out plants for me to transplant. i decided to wait a week, since there is supposed to be a killer frost tonite. not that it will matter, but i guess i figure it's best not to transplant and expose the plants to frost on the same day.

next week, i will bring home some of my grandmothers' raspberry bushes. very excited :)






today, i plan to take an extended holiday...especially since i worked on friday. not sure what i'll do exactly yet, i do have a couple of projects up my sleeve.


:) happy day after! see you tomorrow for our regularly scheduled post :)

2 comments:

Anne said...

Also... hello.

I forgot to read this until now.

Nice to know all of this BEFORE reading. Better balance. ;)

bobbione8y said...

ah - welcome back, my friend!

yes. good to know that you already are completely filled in on ALL that you missed :)