Tuesday, April 17, 2012

fear not

hi peeps;

i woke up today and was happy to have monday over with. yesterday kind of sucked, to be honest. lots of reasons.

i am fighting sadness because of the grey skies. i hate that the weather affects me so.

i just realized that my car license plates expired in march. kind of a sign of the outta-controlness of my life lately. wonder when i will actually get around to updating them. one year it took me 8 months before i was kindly pulled over by a keeper of the peace. sigh.

i also woke up feeling sick today. sore throat. i started popping the zicam, which gives me a tummy ache. double whammy.

mostly, i have been worried about work relationships and situations, and a couple of outcomes that i am awaiting. the BIG fear that always seems to creep in and consume me. i worry. i worry that people do not like or value or want me. i worry that i have done or said or not done something. i worry that i charge too much. i worry that i will have no bread tomorrow. you can see where this is going.

woke up today and realized i was in a bad place. turned to God, and read a few passages in my devotional...was reminded once again that i am not alone in this. that in all of these things I have a Father who sees and knows and cares and loves.

Sigh. grateful.

happy tuesday, guys.



I am training you in steadiness. Too many things interrupt your awareness of Me. I know that you live in a world of sight and sound, but you must not be a slave to those stimuli. Awareness of Me can continue in all circumstances, no matter what happens. This is the steadiness I desire for you.

He will fear no bad news, his heart is steadfast, trusting in the Lord.
Psalm 112:7

"Fear not, for I am with you;
Be not dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you,
Yes, I will help you,
I will uphold you with My righteous right hand."
Isaiah 41:10

2 comments:

cherk said...

testing

cherk said...

Ok, so ignore the comment above, I was just seeing if I could actually post something, I am still having problems with posting on your lovely little blog.

Gray skies and gray times-not so fun either is worrrying! I hope they clear up for you and you start to feel better.