Monday, April 13, 2009

when life gives you lemons



God gives you roses.

true story. life has been rather crappy, circumstantially speaking, for the last week or so. i've been doing pretty well, seeing God in the midst, but still {sigh} pretty sick of it all.

so, when i went to favorite printer today, and my favorite printer's WIFE said to me happily as i walked in the door "today is your lucky day!" - i figured it was a God thing. she then proceeded to offer me a dozen roses as a gift, courtesy some benefit charity that she was supporting.

wow. okay. a dozen roses! that is good!

problem is, i wasn't sure i had a vase that would work, or WHERE it might be, so i stopped quick at the nearby goodwill to pick up a vase. i bought a few other things, and the lady rang everything up and i paid her. when i went to pick up the vase, she said "oh, darn it. i forgot to ring that up...you just go ahead and TAKE it as a gift today!"

:) so, getting roses is nice, and maybe or maybe not a God thing. but i'm pretty sure that getting roses AND a vase from two separate people IS a God thing.

thank you Lord, i love them and they make me happy :)




ps. siesta and her new scratch pad laden with cat nip. so far, so good.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Roses are definately a wonderful part of God's creation. ENJOY!

KristieLou said...

I love this story ;)

K~ said...

That is so cool. They are so pretty. How fun is that. I love Siesta. She looks a bit dazed. K~

carey said...

hey, i got roses last night too--probably from the same charity!

yours are way pretty, i love yellow.

Karen said...

I love this little story!! I have one of my own, that I promise to tell when my house guest leaves tomorrow.

cherk said...

I hope the week gets better, the flowers have to be a good sign.

Karen said...

go look

:-)