Thursday, April 23, 2009

going swimming

in my head, that is. spring MUST be in the air, because the number of projects i have up there that are waiting to come out is astounding.

i cannot possibly design the whole world. in fact, i am pretty sure i cannot even design mine. kristie came over last night with a bucket of paint for the living room wall, and her final confirmations on what else i need to do in there. mostly, she calmed me down.

one room at a time. starting with the living room.

paint the accent wall darker chocolate.
paint the armoire a bit darker / richer green
paint the coffee table a coffee color, literally
get new knobs for the armoire.
add a ceiling fan so i can open the windows and let it blow!
keep "editing" out the little dusty stuff
finish staining the windows
add roman shades to the other half of the windows.
paint/reupholster bamboo chair
paint the front door turquoise
get a new stunning piece of artwork

STOP and enjoy the fact that it looks okay


oh. ps. just a sneak peek at the book some of you will be receiving for your birthday :}

happy day!

6 comments:

Karen said...

I'm terrified to think of what you will say when you finally, finally come to my house. You had better plan on a month-long stay.

I love chocolate. Anything chocolate, whether chocolate color or chocolate flavor, and you know how I feel about coffee. Your room sounds heavenly.

carey said...

yep, get yourself in prime decorating mode, i'm gonna need that brain of yours.

i always think your space looks great, but your plans sound delicious! can't wait to see!

Unknown said...

I am in awe of you. God has made you so talented and wonderful.

Love your ideas.

I will be lucky to get the summer clothing out before August at this rate...

KristieLou said...

I saw that book online the other day. Oh the possibilities! I wish we had a cool wallpaper store here in SD.

Happy decorating...

cherk said...

That is a big to do list, all the ideas sound so awesome, your colors always inspire me

Karen said...

I keep meaning to say:

I KNOW you're not sending ME that book! :-)