Monday, April 27, 2009

lessons from an ace


yesterday, kristie's dad came over to "tune up" my lawnmower for spring.

wow. everybody should have an ace hardware guy in their back pocket! among other things, he:

sharpened the blade
cleaned the carburetor
replaced the oil
replaced the spark plug
replaced the air filter (they have those?!)
got it to actually start!

i have had the mower for about 5 yrs. he told me i should replace the air filter twice a season. since i did not know it HAD an air filter, i'm a little behind on that task ... see evidence above.

at any rate, i should be good to go. how NICE to have people in your life who can help the helpless! thanks kristie's dad :) i OWE you. big time.

now, i just hope the weather warms up, because i boycott mowing in the cold :)

7 comments:

KristieLou said...

I am happy to share my "ace guy" with you ;)

I am kind of spoiled and lucky by his skills.

Happy mowing!

bobbione8y said...

zoom in on the pic of that air filter!

it's so gross/hilarious ;)
i am lucky i have a mower at all i think :) thanks for lending your dad out !!

Karen said...

I had no idea! Chris, maybe that's why yours won't work. Kristie, can you take your dad to Colorado to work on Chris's lawn mower? I know that would be a terrible hardship for you. :-)

Anonymous said...

my question is... what's that next to the gross air filter? it looks like part of a very cool rug. am i right?

p.s. still no baby. argh. ;)

carey said...

um, we didn't know they had air filters either. better get the man of the house on that.

bobbione8y said...

well, i guess we have ALL learned something from the ace man, haven't we?!

now ellen - go make a baby happen!!

Chris said...

Karen- That IS why mine didn't work, until I had a friend do a tune up. Will probably have him do it again for me this year. I haven't started it up yet this season. Bobbi- I feel ya man!