Monday, March 16, 2009

spiral dreams


it seems like EVERY single weekend, i come up with some crazy thought about how to redo my house. arrrrrrrrrgggh! the thing is, i just cannot help it. always want to make things BETTER.

so anyway, i do have a cute little attic space, that would be really fun to redo sometime, because it could turn my 2 bdr house into a 3 bdr house, and give me lots of fun space for a master bedroom (you guys have seen my tiny postage stamp bdr).

problem is, the staircase going up there is STEEP, i have actually fallen straight down them, and have scars to show for it. thusly, i never even go up there, except to vent the windows in the summer.

so i got to thinking about a spiral staircase again. i have thought of one before, but could never fix on a good spot to put one, that would not look silly. i hate when people tack on stuff in their houses for function, without regard for the space. my house DOES have alot of iron work on the outside, though, and of course curvy lines.

anyway, long story short, i think i am going to think about putting one in the kitchen! yes, it's a bit weird, but really, i have more non-functional space in there than anywhere else...oh ps. i cannot do this until i have my car paid off, probably a year from now. so in the not-too-far distance.

thoughts?

3 comments:

Karen said...

My first thought was this:

I LOVE the word thusly.

:-)

My second thought was this:

I wish I could see the space where she wants to put the staircase.

Unknown said...

I LOVE spriral staircases. I used to spend hours (days) perusing through my dad's workshop magazines on how to builds about stairs and lofts and what not. I think it would be a lovely addtion. I know a couple of handy men that could probably get the job done for you reasonably, too. AFTER the car is paid of, of course.

bobbione8y said...

oh. will definitely be giving some handy men a call :)

seriously, i kind of love spiral staircases too :))