Friday, March 13, 2009

the b word

this week has been insane. by that, i mean my head is in over-drive. stuck on high gear, and roaring to get my attention.


i hate busy. i am not sure God ever meant for us to be doing so darn much. at the very least, He did mention that we need to have a sabbath day once a week. but i am finding that the pace of life makes me want a sabbath YEAR, or at least a month. it's funny how quickly i get overwhelmed. last night i woke up at 2am. pannicked when a client had a request for a new direction in his campaign. emailed a certain writer, who was ALSO awake and ended up writing a new campaign in the middle of the night!

is it just me, or is something wrong with this picture? i think i need to take out my notebook, make a list to keep me organized, and practice my "no" skills when necessary, without regard for the bad economy or if people will hate me or not.

i think i will start my anti-busy ban some time today, because i really really need a nap.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh sheesh.

I hear Virginia is a nice place for a sabbatical...

Karen said...

Also--I've been thinking about taking nap ever since I went to bed last night. Not good, eh?

cherk said...

I know how you feel, sometimes I feel so busy I don't know how to relax, today for example had some oral surgery-great excuse to just lay here and all I want to do is get up and do laundry or get ahead on homework-would be a great day to catch up on internship-the other part of me wants to lay and watch tv all day

Chris said...

It's the sign of the times people. This is the dirty little secret the grown ups kept from us when we were kids thinking it would be so cool to be a grown up.