Friday, March 06, 2009

reminder from God


i have been enjoying Carey's stories about how God is speaking to her in a rather regular, amazing pattern of late. i think in all of my life experiences, to know that God Himself TALKS to us is the most intriguing and awesome thing i've ever discovered.

He does, you know. quite regularly in fact.

yesterday, i had my own little God chat, one that i really needed. i was having a bit of a rough day, worry started and i didn't know exactly how to stop it. i have figured out the best thing to do in situations like this is just to ASK God to say something to you. to help. to come in.

so, i did that. i just prayed for a sec, and decided to open my bible for my daily reading, which i had not done yet. i read through the old Testament, which was an interesting bit about the tribes of Israel, but i did not see anything specifically for me. i jumped to the new Testament, and as i came to Mark 12:30, my heart kind of skipped. i started to underline the verse...

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

at the very moment i was underlining, the "ding" of my email sounded. blasted crappy email! it was from God TV, which always annoys me because their emails don't pop up on the TOP of the page, but buried somewhere in the middle. so, i found the email, clicked on it, and saw a post from mike bickel, a pastor at IHOP in kansas city that i like. something about a new conference coming up. curiosity got me, and i clicked further. there was a video, and as i clicked "play" mike was saying these words:

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

ahhhh. a God moment. clearly, and obviously, and TRULY. He has a plan for me, and wants me to learn to walk the path He has chosen. It begins with Him, and loving Him first and best. that is ALL i need to know.

the rest of the day went well. nothing shatteringly good, but peaceful and fine. and last night, as i lay down in bed to read a christian "self help" book i have been digging into, the words OF COURSE that popped off the page i was at were:

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.

God, You are SO GOOD. i do love You.

2 comments:

Karen said...

On the one hand I think He's talking to me. On the other, I think I'm to *&!$# busy to listen.

Chris said...

I wish I had more God moments like that. I need to get tuned in again!