Wednesday, March 18, 2009

hair looms


several friends (you know who you are) always tease me about being a "marketer's dream" because i ALWAYS fall for every crazy thing that comes along. you'd think that being in advertising and all, i would be jaded and filled with unbelief, but...no.

so this year, if it says "organic" or "heirloom" - i'm all over it. take the tomatoes. i want tomatoes like grandma used to have. no. i want tomatoes BETTER than grandma. in fact, i'd like to kick her butt, and then some :)

so of COURSE i got excited about heirloom tomato seeds. they come in all kinds of fun flavors, like "black krim" and "bloody butcher." i should note that i have never started tomatoes from seed, except for the volunteers that came up in the garden last year. so i have no idea what i am doing...but OH for the possibility. look out, grandma :)

10 comments:

Unknown said...

We did seeds one year. It made for FABULOUS tomatoes... I want to do it again this year... I guess that means I should buy some seeds.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Garden Guru! ;) Do you know where I can find instructions for starting tomatoes from seed? I know it's not rocket science, so I think you've inspired me to try it. I wasn't impressed with the plants sold around here last year, and I want to grow some fun varieties like these little yellow grape tomatoes my mother-in-law has. Any suggestions?

(You came through on the quilt question. I know you'll be two-for-two! ;))

Karen said...

Don't forget you gardening-challenged friend over here, waiting for explicit instructions as to what to do for the salsa garden...

bobbione8y said...

hey you guys. i'll try to post on exactly what i'm doing to try and grow seeds in the cold north BEFORE they can be grown outside :)

however, i hope you caught the part about "i've never done this before"

not sure explicit instructions on things you have never done are possible :)

Karen said...

:-)

Chris said...

Yummy! Good luck to ya!

bobbione8y said...

why don't YOU all give it a try, and we'll compare techniques? i'm ALL for taking the pressure off myself to perform. ha.

Karen said...

I commented here, too. I said that my brain is full, and while I would really like to do the salsa garden, I would rather not have to think and learn and plan out how to do the salsa garden.

No pressure. Seriously.

bobbione8y said...

oh, i know. but if i were you, i would just buy some plants at a nursery and start. that is what i have done for years, and it seems fun and more like instant gratification.

i will let you know if any of my seeds make it though :)

Karen said...

Deal.