Thursday, March 12, 2009

dan fan



so, tonite i am surfing around the internet with no particular goal in mind, and i run across the news that dan fogelberg died, actually in december of 2007.

i'm not sure HOW i missed that, but it makes me sad. he was one of my MAJOR crushes growing up, i am pretty sure i wore out my copy of "souvenirs" and can remember the nights laying in my room, just listening to his beautiful voice, as if they were not so long ago. i think i may have to download it from itunes, and pay my tribute to "the leader of the band."


oh ps. what led me to think of him was his song "part of the plan" - it reminds me of the Lord, and makes me pretty sure he was a Christian...okay, i guess i just hope he was :)

2 comments:

cherk said...

I opened up this post and know exactly who you were going to talk about. I think you are the only one I know would know the song "Leader of the Band", my other favorite is "Auld Lang Syne" It always makes me cry

Karen said...

Hey! I know (and love) the Leader of the Band, too! I remember being sad and emailing with my dad on the day I heard he died.

Mel still has Souvenirs. On vinyl.

:-)