Tuesday, December 02, 2008

totally useless things i love: a series


#1: glass figurines (especially chickens)

i thought i would start out this thrilling new series with a CLASSIC...the glass chicken. is it just me, or are these the most fabulous things ever? i was so bummed last week when a special hand-blown glass chicken given to me by carey's mom busted all over the stove. i almost cried.

and i have been thinking about glass chickens ever since. not only did i find a cute one at hobby lobby, but this lovely GROUPING can be found in the pier one christmas catalogue.

other than dusting them, and staring at their loveliness, i cannot think of a use for them.

9 comments:

carey said...

are you trying to avoid a gecko for christmas? thanks for the hints...you know i need them.

bobbione8y said...

carey, you are NOT ALLOWED to read my blog and deduce christmas gift ideas! not!

ps. i did find a pretty good gift for you :) throwdown.

carey said...

every comment you make is a christmas idea, my friend.

and don't think i didn't notice when you talked about wanting ham instead of turkey.

bobbione8y said...

that was a JOKE, my friend. hams are yucky :)

Unknown said...

my sister is a rooster fan, her kitchen is adorable...

Karen said...

Moose has a glass fish collection that started in Venice. I noticed that it's hiding away these days, but not too far out of sight.

Karen said...

That one guy on the bottom left does NOT look like a chicken. I think he's a confused dog, or maybe a cow.

bobbione8y said...

that's the joy of blown glass animals, karen. they are INTERPRETIVE, i guess :)

he he.

Chris said...

I'm with Karen, confused dog.