Monday, December 01, 2008

long long time

a 4-day weekend spent doing very little can seem like a whole week! i think there is something to be said for being less slug-like, however.

i did accomplish a few random things:



kicked off the weekend on wednesday by thrifting for old christmas stuff. very fruitful :)



spent afternoon with a 3-year old wielding a glue stick, and learned that she could do more damage than a herd of wild cats. rani, i salute you.

made the first batch of christmas cookies, half of which are eaten already. must. make. more.

finally dove into the turkey carcass yesterday, and made soup. realize that cooking turkeys is HIGHLY overrated, and increased my love of ham tenfold. yikes. i should have realized a carcass of any kind would not be fun.

watched 2 of 3 epic "lord of the rings" movies. STILL have not made it thru the last one. please, don't tell me how it ends :)


nagged phillip to the point of completion on the christmas lights. perhaps that was more satisfying for me, than him, however mabel looks like a storybook house :)

thought of cher AND katie as i attempted to put up the christmas tree this weekend. after arranging all the ornaments perfectly (and asking phil what he thought, to his reply "that's the most ornaments i have ever seen on a tree") and sitting down on the couch to admire, noticed a slight lean. which, after about 20 minutes had reached to the point of touching my shoulder as i sat there. UNLIKE cher or katie, i just said "i'm done with you" and it's still leaning there, waiting for help. maybe MAYBE today, if it looks pitiful enough.

anyway, back to monday world. hope you all had a good one.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

at ease, Bobbi, it's insane I know it, but I bring these thing on myself, the children I mean... cute decos, wish I could put things out at my house. I think the top of the piano might be safe for the nativity, not quite sure though.

KristieLou said...

Thanksgiving tip:

My other favorite way to make a Turkey is to just buy the breast and cook it in the crockpot all day on low. It's easy and yummy! Especially when you don't have to feed 30 people.

cherk said...

Ohh the battle of the leaning tree-that is my favorite. That is the only part Hubby will help me with. Your Phillip sounds alot like the guy at my house computer games, Lord of the Rings and grudgingly putting up xmas lights for me:)

K~ said...

Hey Bob, Unless it is too late, I want a picture of the leaning tree. I think that sounds grand. I LOVE your retro holiday orniments. Wait till you see my unbelievably interesting wreath I am putting together. Got the stuff last year at about 80% off, and sadly, now I know why. K~

Chris said...

Mabel looks great!! I need a Clark!