Thursday, July 05, 2007

projects, garagin' and gardening

this is possibly one of the best vacations i've ever had...so far anyway.

at this point, i'm pretty satisfied. although i have a few more things to accomplish before next monday morning!

take a look at my "stay at home" vacation:



project #2 is still "in progress" - i should finish it up tomorrow, but so far, i really really am excited about it :)



project #3 completed yesterday with my art buddy kristie lou. we had a great time, decoupaged the afternoon away, made a nice supper out on the patio, and ended with a fireworks show (and me having to pee, BADLY). oh. so fun.



project #4 not quite started yet. but probably tomorrow. thanks to kristie, the sewing bug has bitten. going to try to make a lap quilt with this amy butler fabric. yummmmmmy. oh. and i got the cute little sewing box on clearance for TWO dollars. whoa.





and in between crafts, i have been garagin' it up too. today i struck gold. first sale, a super cool "air pumper" from the 70s...just like ma used to have! $1. oh, and two cute pyrex storage containers so i can start to use less evil plastic when i cook! second sale, 4 cook books for .15 cents each, 2 of them quote scriptures about the Lord and how to eat to please him. super cool. oh, and a nifty trivet with mosaic tile probably from the 60s....$2.

whew. i am making myself tired! probably better go nap!

:) later.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sheesh, woman! All I've done on my vacation is eat and drive. Thankfully we're now in the Hills (wanna come play?) and loving the green green peace and beauty. I'm posting on the Exodus blog now, but I need to figure out how to send invites to view it...didn't want all the world's weirdos to get my travel itinerary and didn't want the whole fam to get into my WhiteWalls girlfriend blog...

Hope you're well-er by the day:-)

Karen said...

No wonder those budder buckets looked so familiar!!