Tuesday, December 05, 2006

try this at home!


tip for the day: if you don't make some of this, you are just silly!

i found this recipe on the internet, and was reminded of summer nights at the Firehouse in Rapid City, with good friends and really good food and beer! you can use any kind of beer for this recipe, i don't keep beer on hand, so i bought Leinekugel wheat beer and it was great. next time, i'll go with something darker...

Crazy Easy Beer Bread

3 cups self-rising flour (buy it, you'll use it)
3 tablespoons sugar
1 12-ounce bottle of beer
(i also threw in 1 cup of sharp cheddar cheese for the heck of it!)

Mix batter well, until sticky and blended. Grease a loaf pan (i used 3 minis, so i could give 2 away) and bake for one hour at 375 degrees (less time for smaller pans)

oh, i also drizzled a couple tablespoons of melted butter on top before i baked it, yum.

this will impress and dazzle your family and friends, guaranteed.
happy day!

8 comments:

Cassie said...

YUM! I'm off to the store for flour...

Karen said...

You rock, sister. I'm off to the store, too.

carey said...

yahooo! three ingredients? i can totally handle that.

bobbione8y said...

yeah, and one of em is BEER, Care, how crazy is that?!!

and easy!

crazy easy bread for all the bloggirls!

SDGuy91 said...

bloggirls?

blogboys like bread & beer, too ya know.

that's so easy i think I can handle it. and lucky for me I DO keep beer on hand - several kinds in fact. the seasonal one is winter bourbon cask ale - it has a hint of vanilla flavor that I bet would be awesome in this bread....

DeAnn said...

These look awesome! I love new recipes especially the easy ones that look so good!!! Thank you! I'll let you know how they turn out...

Karen said...

Okay, so I cut-and-pasted this for my dad, who loves to bake. This is his response:

1 cup sifted self-rising = 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour plus 1 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/8 tsp salt

Nice. I wish he'd told me before I bought the five-pound bag.

Karen said...

Hey! I made this with sharp chedder and Hefeweizen for E's teachers. A huge hit. Great idea in giving away the minis. It has kept my personal consumption down to one solitary loaf. Mmmmmmmmm.