Saturday, December 23, 2006

good gifts


well, as the christmas weekend gets into full swing, my thoughts turn to gifts. all of the holiday shopping is actually done, but the gifts i am talking about are the ones you can't plant under the tree.

and i am very thankful for all of them.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows. james 1:17

• for the family God placed me into, my mom and dad and brother, whom i love so much and who gave me the grounding to be who i am...

• for the friends God has placed around me, all ages and all varying backgrounds, but with the common ground of time, and place, and meeting in the heart and mind...

• for phillip, who i waited a LONG time for, and have found such joy in sharing my life with...

• for the home, the work, the garden, the "possessions" that God has allowed me to hold onto for Him, for awhile...

• for the furry creatures that roam in this life, beener and siesta and the bunnies and birds and squirrels that make life more interesting...

• for the purpose, the desire to live each day fully, in abundance, with hope and joy and love...

• for the grace He has shown, since i was born 44 years ago, to the time 5 years ago that i finally came home to live with Him, and even still...

i pray that each of you experience all of God's good gifts this christmas also, beginning with His love and care!

merry christmas :)

3 comments:

DeAnn said...

Have a blessed Christmas with your family! You post says it all about what the holidays are all about. I am so glad we have become blog friends and I am blessed for that. Hope to meet you in 2007. Merry Christmas!

Unknown said...

Merry Christmas, Bobbi! You possess some amazings blessings and gifts this season. May you continue to be blessed into the new year. Can't wait to see you again.

Karen said...

Thanks for writing down your thoughts. I've been doing a bit of wallowing these past five or six days, and you remind to be thankful for all that I have. Apparently, I need this reminder often, and I thank you for delivering it so sweetly.