Saturday, December 09, 2006

come for supper :)


oh no.

every time i go christmas shopping, i buy stuff for myself. this morning it was an innocent trip to younkers ... i ended up with a whole new set of peacock blue fiestaware!!! i held back, and only bought a service for four, but i could have bought enough to feed Sioux Falls. wheeeeeeee. it's so pretty.

see, the thing is, i love color. i cannot for the life of me figure out why i bought a set of WHITE fiestaware (and a matching service for 4 of lite yellow) back when i got out of college a long long time ago. but over the years, i have supplemented the collection with turquoise bowls, green soup mugs and orange mini bowls. still, mostly i ate on white plates.

not anymore! i am not sure that blue is actually a great color for putting food onto, but my turkey sandwich just looked really pretty!

okay, back to christmas shopping for somebody besides me.

6 comments:

Cassie said...

NICE! you can NEVER have enough of that peacock blue! and the color goes GREAT with little orange salt & pepper shakers :o)

carey said...

stop buying things so there is something left in the stores for me to buy for you...no wonder you end up with goofy gifts all the time;)

carey said...

stop buying things so there is something left in the stores for me to buy for you...no wonder you end up with goofy gifts all the time;)

bobbione8y said...

oh yeah, YOU have the blue, don't you?

everything i have eaten so far is better on the blue :) i totally love it.

and yes, i still have a few gifts for other people purchased also :)))

Karen said...

Bobbi---I LOVE Fiestaware!!! I decided last year that when the boys break four more of my boring, white plates (which will take approximately 9 months, according to my calculations), I will start my Fiestaware collection! So cool.

bobbione8y said...

yeah, we should all hold a white plate breaking party and go buy more fiestaware :))))