Sunday, December 31, 2006

here are the top ten new year's resolutions of americans, courtesy some blog i read ... plus my comments about each one :) happy resolutions to all, and happy brand new year!

1 Lose Weight - if there is a time limit on resolutions, i have expired this one a LONG long time ago. changing it to "weigh whatever for now, because Jesus has a new body waiting for me!!" (wouldn't it be funny if it's a perfectly chubby one?!)

2 Pay Off Debt - only if they pry the credit card out of my hand when i'm rummaging thru the target clearance aisles...

3 Save Money - how about "not relying on money to make you happy?"

4 Get a Better Job - not possible, of that i am fairly certain!

5 Get Fit - then i would have to dust the treadmill!! see yesterday's post.

6 Eat Right - sometimes, chocolate chips eaten out of the bag just feel "right."

7 Get a Better Education - does reading Martha Stewart's LIVING and learning how to make homemade marshmallows count?

8 Drink Less Alcohol - finally, an easy one! anyone want the one bottle of "big house white" in my fridge?!

9 Quit Smoking Now - or "encourage others (ie phillip) to think about quitting smoking while he still actually HAS LUNGS."

10 Reduce Stress Overall - might mean rethinking the decision to get a cat who decides to go into heat 2 weeks after purchase, one week BEFORE spay appointment - 24 hours into it, and i want to go throw her out in the street!

11 Reduce Stress at Work - perhaps by setting blogging time limit each day (NOT 6 hours). oh, and NOT sharing a home office with a cat in heat.

12 Take a Trip - away from above-mentioned cat at this point in time.

13 Volunteer to Help Others - anybody need anything? i'm there!! especially for YOU guys.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

These are good. I am going to try and be a better me and enjoy every moment of my life...I think we get all stressed out trying to change something about ourselves, maybe a bad habit, and we forget to try and be happy. My wish is for everyone to just enjoy a day in their life, it goes by so fast. Happy New Year, B!

carey said...

siesta is in heat. go figure. never lived with a cat in heat...is it anything like living with a husband when you're 30 weeks pregnant and have doctor's orders not to "shake things up?" if so, i am SO SORRY.

Karen said...

I think blogging is the de-stressor, the trip is already planned ('Bama in the fall, tomatoes in hand), and I'm quite sure I'll be able to fill your volunteer requirement while you're there.
:-)

My NYR is the same as last year..to NOT make any resolutions.