Wednesday, September 23, 2009

old camel knees


i got a chance to visit a different church this past weekend. church at the gate in sioux falls is a church i often "work" for, but don't often get to visit. many (most) of my worship group goes here. when i was working on the artwork for the next teaching series, i kind of had a hankering to go see what james was all about.

i admit, i have not spent a ton of time in the book of james. that might change, i think it sounds like james was my kind of guy. his book is basically a book of advice, based on a life lived as the brother of Jesus. james came to faith after he was visited by the Lord following the resurrection. can you imagine how crazy THAT must have been?!

my fave part of this story (so far) is that he had the knickname "old camel knees" from callouses on his knees from prayer.

i think there is a lot to get from just that. but you might want to read the book, also.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Is that your artwork? I do love it! I love James, too. Mostly b/c I likely would have needed the resurrected Lord to show up before I got it through my thick head that my BROTHER was the Son of God. Ha!

I'll re-read James when I'm done with John. Thanks. :-)