Saturday, September 05, 2009

i like dreamin'


i don't think i dream like other people do. yesterday, i saw a "for sale" sign on this property, and i have been dreaming ever since. it's my backyard neighbor's house, a rental. this sad little guy faces another street, so i rarely see this street view. he could use some landscaping, couldn't he?!

i kind of want him...:)

here's the thing. you guys KNOW i'd kind of like to get into the rental market. i keep saying "some day." but for the price of this house, i would have it paid for in 10 years, if the same man who is renting it now keeps it. if i added a few extra $100 every month, i'd probably have it paid off sooner. then, the monthly income would be fab! plus, it's next door. so i would have some control over the neighbors! ha.

maybe i could own my whole block someday :) that would ROCK.

happy weekend with YOUR dreams!

7 comments:

Karen said...

How cool is that??? Dream big, sister! I think you should go for the whole block.

I'm going to post some dreamin' pics right.now.

bobbione8y said...

do! i want to see :)

Anne said...

I would buy that house JUST so I could whack down that horrible weed growing out front!

Chris said...

Oooo, that sounds exciting and smart. Go for it!

bobbione8y said...

i know anne! i have this feeling i might be disappointed when the large errant weed goes, though :)

cherk said...

Go for it, we do rentals and I know the long term benefits are great if you can scrimp by for now

Karen said...

I want this dream to come true! I'm going to keep bugging you about it.