Friday, May 01, 2009

dumpster day!

what a crazy week. yesterday, i actually ate nothing but nutty bars and potato chips, while laying in bed and on the couch, fretting over life. yikes! thank goodness, i am meeting carey for lunch, so i cannot do it again today.

all of my devos have been about faith. pretty sure God is trying (once again) to toughen me up a bit, and let me know He knows. and that He will take care of things. ahhh. must live by faith.

anyway, a great thing happened! as i was trolling down an alley in my neighborhood, because sometimes i like back yards better than front yards, look what i spotted. treasures that need my love!


this first one is a real gem. it actually had really weird gummy pink vinyl all over it. it also looks like it might have had a drawer at one time, but i think i can knock that wood support out, and make a larger bottom storage area. this will be awesome...somewhere. small stands are amazingly good for corners that just need something. or maybe this could be decoupaged with cute birds, and set in a baby's room! oh the possibles.


then, i got this great stand for outside. i need something to match the adirondacks from a couple of summers ago that i painted "sundance" style. the bottom is metal, and one foot is rusted, but it's still quite solid. i'll spraypaint the bottom a faux-rust anyway, and paint the slats to match the chairs. score!

i keep dreaming of a store. oh, how i would love to have a space for these kind of beauties to live and have someone adopt them...!

happiest of days, y'all.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

oh happiest of days to you, dear friend.

It's clean up day here tomorrow, wanna come out at dusk and walk around town with me? Last year we got the fixing for 3 bikes for grandma's house. Ryan put them all together from junked ones and the kids ride them all the time.

bobbione8y said...

oh my. don't tempt me. actually, DO tempt me :))

maybe?!

Karen said...

I love that stand! Can't wait to see what it becomes in your very talented hands!

K~ said...

Love them. Neato! You really scored. K~

Unknown said...

or you could come now...my neighbor has already had three people stop and grab stuff from her pile AND she has a dresser that is calling my name... or the names of one of my children, whatever.

Would love to have you for supper and for diving...

Unknown said...

Hi, I had to comment again to sign up for follow up comments. I always forget to do that and then find that someone replied to me and I so rudely ignored them...:)

bobbione8y said...

aw, thanks dear. but i think i am done today, just got done making local rounds, but the freebie stuff is my only "find" for today :)

i hope you get the dresser!

Unknown said...

The dresser is gone. So is the excercise bike and a whole bunch of other goodies. It'll be picked over way too much by dusk anyhow!

Chris said...

I need that stand! Bobbi, reading your posts is like therapy, thank you.