Monday, May 04, 2009

farmer me


whew. got allotta plantin' done today. just in time for the rain that is supposed to come tonite. sometimes, things work out.

here's what i got planted:

Herbs
Lemon Basil
Cilantro
Lettuce Leaf Basil
Oregano

Veggies
Flat Leaf Spinach
Broccoli
Radishes
Carrots (2 varieties)
Onions (yellow/white)
Potatoes
Lettuce
Mesculan Mix Greens
Yellow Squash

Flowers
Cosmos
Nasturtiums



And what in need to wait a week or so for:

Tomotoes
Peppers
Canteloupe
Cucumbers
Edamame Beans
Bush Beans

WOW. i guess i'll be eating IN alot later in the summer, eh? i would like to plant BUNCHES more stuff, i even bought some corn seed, but cannot figure out where i would plant corn. i still need to get some sunflowers, too. for the birds. and so the neighbors don't stare at me :) otherwise, i feel pretty good about things....i keep thinking that someday, i'll be one of those cool/weird urbanites who digs up their front yard with gardens too.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Way to go, Bob!

Guess we'll be making salsa at your house this year, eh? since the farmers market is in your backyard?

bobbione8y said...

i don't know, i have HIGH expectations of the Montrose FM this year :))

ha. but definitely. a "puttin' up" day will be in order, girl.

Karen said...

I am so jealous. I hate to be ungrateful for my backyard full of trees, but it would be so nice to have a little salsa garden. I'm still trying to figure out how I'm going to get 40 tomato pots on my front porch, which is the only place that gets enough sun.

I have also planted
Basil
Cilantro

and have seeds for
Parsley

bobbione8y said...

hey, i know...why don't YOU lead your neighborhood, and dig up YOUR front yard for a garden?

i'm sure the hub would love THAT.
i am kind of glad my old bushes are gone from the back, but the yard is pretty naked without them...thus, the planting of tall things :)

Karen said...

Our neighbors petitioned the HOA for some raised beds in their front yard last summer. It was a no-go.

bobbione8y said...

thank goodness for SD, where i could raise hogs and chickens in the front yard if i so desired :)

K~ said...

Wow bob! I have purchased a handful of plants and planted my window box. I hope to tackle some today. K~