Monday, May 11, 2009

sorely in need

i guess you know you've had a good spring weekend when you can hardly get out of bed on monday morning.

so, the weekend WAS good, albeit a bit chilly. i noticed it especially when i was attempting to be a plumber and fix the outdoor spiggot, but failing miserably. i ended up looking like i had gone to the water park fully clothed. it was silly.

anyway, it's neat because i have a new hero. her name is sandy, and she is kristie's step grandma who lives in lincoln. last year when we were there, we toured her amazing back yard garden, which is really a patchwork mosaic created out of many years of longing for more, more, more pretties. it looks like this:


words cannot describe how happy this space makes me feel. i guess because it's the "un" version of landscaping. not perfect in configuration, or technique (nothing matches!!) or even proportion, probably, but absolutely STUNNING in the organic nature of it, and the way it looks like a process begun but not ended. this is the way i see myself as a gardener. God forbid the day i see my garden completed! i would hate that!

anyway, looking at her pics inspired me to start a backyard mosaic of my own. who KNOWS when i will get it done - if ever. but now, i am set with a project and a labor of love that will only grow in beauty. you cannot go out and buy something like that. at least not all at once :)

sigh. welcome monday, i like your friend sunday alot!

3 comments:

Karen said...

I love it. I love it even more that I get to see your progress (in the garden and out). :-)

bobbione8y said...

thanks my friend :)

Chris said...

Very interesting. Are covering up the grass completely? Or having small patches of grass?