Tuesday, May 12, 2009

my redeemer lives


lately, my worship group on monday night has been very interesting. we have two new members in the last couple of months, bringing our group to about 6 or 7. we are all pretty "tight" and seem to be on the same page with worshipping God. what is so cool is that the last 2 or 3 weeks, God seems to be giving us "connected" visions - we only find that out later when we discuss what was going on when we were worshipping.

last night's worship was very heavy for me. by heavy, i mean i was so peaceful, at one point i felt like i was going to just fall asleep. when i'm in that state, it's easy to think about the presence of the Lord, and usually some imagery pops into my head. last night, i started to see a dance, as if the Lord was asking me to dance, and then he made some sort of move, which covered me with His robe (which was white) and suddenly, i was somewhere else, it felt like a womb (?) or somewhere very warm, the sound of water swishing all around me.

when we were done praying, it turns out that 3 of us had "dance" visions. my friend kathy and i had very similar visions concerning the Lord surrounding us with something (His Spirit?). it kind of consumed me, so i was still kind of thinking about it this morning when i woke up.

then, when i went to the Bible for a little morning read, it turned out that i was in the part of the bible about Naomi. i have always felt a deep connection with Naomi, i think her story and mine are similar in some ways. as i was reading the part about Naomi's daughter-in-law Ruth (who ended up "saving" the family by marrying Boaz)...i thought it kind of neat the language used to describe the custom of "reedeming" her for marriage...what that actually means according to the customs of the time, is that he was buying back the land that Naomi's husband had owned before he died, and also assuming responsibility for the women of the family, who came along with the land.

"Who are you?" he (Boaz) asked. "I am your servant Ruth," she said. "Spread the corner of your garment over me, since you are a kinsman-redeemer."

Do you see the connection? perhaps my "vision" of last night, was of the Lord "redeeming" me in the actual customs of Israel!! i have always loved the vision of my Reedemer, but now, i can also reflect on a literal representation!

i also think of "joshua judges ruth" when i think of this story. however, that is a lyle lovett song, and probably not from God :)

4 comments:

Karen said...

Wow. I'm going for a walk to think about this (and, you know, so Molly can do her business), and I'll get back to you.

Anonymous said...

Very cool, Bobbi! I've always loved the story of Naomi and Ruth too. (And I also just read it... Good ol' One Year Bible! ;)) There's so much imagery and application to be drawn from their story. I found myself reflecting on Ruth's obedience this time around.

I might have been tempted to keep an experience like yours all to myself; it's so intimate and lovely. Thanks for sharing!

bobbione8y said...

hi ellen :) how are you? so glad you are here and awake :)))

you know, our group has just been experiencing amazing things lately, new things from the Lord that i have never experienced. from time to time, i really hope to share what i am being blessed with!

Chris said...

All I can saw is, amazing.