Sunday, February 01, 2009

soaking it in

reflections on the week are so much sunnier when the sun is shining. after 2 full days of full beams, and warm almost balmy weather, i can find a mostly good outlook. kind of unusual for me in the middle of winter!

i am loving that life has slowed down enough to enjoy, but is still busy enough to not feel stagnant. i'm learning to appreciate the pace of things, rather than wish for something else. this weekend is wonderful, because i had absolutely NO "must dos." i probably have neglected some important things, but i did get my taxes ready to go to the tax people. that's the earliest i have ever been ready, so i am impressed with myself.

i also had lunch with my 2 best art girls. whhhhhhheeeeeeeeee. so much fun to share life with them. it was good for me to talk out some sad things, and look forward to things to come (like the new baby boy that cass is waiting patiently for!). love those girls.

then, lou and i did a teensy bit of thrifting. naturally, we found things. we both bought the same lamp (well, not exactly the same, as there were two of them), because we are twins. i am such a geek, but i could NOT wait to get home, and get the bleach in the sink, and wash my finds. i love buying dirty things!! unearthing the REAL beauty beneath is way better than going to a mall and buying something that is already clean. THAT is a weird self-discovery thought!!



the lamp is just perfect for the other nightstand in my newly different bedroom. of course, i just slapped a simple temporary shade on it. perhaps i can get a fun one at ikea in a couple of weeks!


today one of my clients "unveils" the new fundraising packet i made for them. it's very rewarding to work with people who share your God. i pray that He will bless their efforts!


morning coffee with my new/old cup and saucer. don't you love the pattern and colors?


and finally, i am almost finished with the granny square afghan. i just need to finish tying ends. i keep thinking, should i use it? in the bedroom? in the living room? save it for a special room? it is the most time consuming crochet project i have made to date. i am feeling like i don't really want to mess it up because it's so perfect right now.

siesta of course, has other ideas.


happy day all!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

What a beautiful weekend and the weather was nice, too:)

I LOVE the thrift store finds. That reminds me, my sis is taking a day off in Feb. (the 10th) and we are doing a whole days worth of running. I was going to ask Kris if she wanted to dabble maybe we can all meet for coffee?

The afghan is so beautiful. I have been saving my one and only son's flannels and jeans to make a cozy lap quilt for him to take to college, but that crocheting looks much more beautiful than anything I could ever make on my own...
Kudos to YOU!

God bless!

Anonymous said...

cool, bobbi. absolutely all of it. very cool. thanks for sharing!

p.s. did you see the 'my bad' super bowl commercial? it was chuck's favorite. maybe you should add that phrase back into your vocabulary... ;)

Karen said...

NO! Ellen, stop! Please!

Your weekend, your sun, your finds, your afghan, they all look/sound perfect. The weekend over here was dedicated to a)working in the attic, where there is one bat and not enough insulation, and b) suffering from an extreme case of PMS.

The sun is shining on me right now. I will soak it up and be nicer today.

carey said...

man, your house looks so cozy. i do love what you did to your bedroom. and the sunshine, yes. i dig it too.

KristieLou said...

I LOVE that cute little lamp. It makes me so happy. The afgan makes me happy too. If only I had more than one square done on mine ;)

Thanks for the fun girl lunch!

Anonymous said...

sorry, karen! i forgot that was a no-no in your house. i NEVER say 'my bad', but i giggle at the thought of bobbi saying it. :)

i didn't actually see the commercial, but from my husband's description, it was totally a guy thing. certainly nothing to inspire a vocabulary change...

Karen said...

Ellen, I did see the commercial, and it was hilarious. Afterward, I glared at my boys and they responded in unison, "I know, I know."

Ha.

bobbione8y said...

shoot! i missed it! what was the product?

Cassie said...

So many pretty things in this post! Thanks, too, for an awesome girl lunch on Saturday :o)

Anonymous said...

it was for pepsi max.

and i'm not going to say the obvious. instead i'm going to say, 'i'm sorry. i was wrong' -- the phrase they actually use over and over is 'i'm good.' :)

the commercial's on my blog if you want to watch it.

Karen said...

I don't allow 'I'm good' either. When they slip, I am likely to respond with, "Really? Did you find a cure for cancer today? Did you feed the hungry and house the homeless?"

Grrr. English is a dying language and I am singlehandedly fighting to save it.