Wednesday, February 04, 2009

new song


last night, i decided to show up at the tuesday night prayer group at our church. i hadn't been there for a LONG time, i think the last time i went was when i was feeling sick and worried about my bladder.

anyway, the place was kind of rocking. i had heard that there was a "fresh annointing" going on, but i guess i wasn't sure what that was all about.

anyway, i digress. we all kind of went up to the front of the church near the altar, and jeremiah, our worship leader, led us in a few songs. it was kind of like being in the front row of a concert or something, and i started to feel myself "let go" and just enjoy the music and start daydreaming about the Lord.

suddenly, a couple of things happened. #1 - i started to speak / sing in tongues, which i can assure you i have NEVER done. ever. without thinking about it consciously and deciding to do it. so, that was kinda neat.

then, and this is the thing i want to tell you about, i got a terrible burden, a LONGING in my heart, to sing and worship with ALL OF YOU GUYS! i know! how weird is that!! but i just had a vision of many of my friends standing right there with me! and we were all so happy! we were just singing and swaying away and feeling warm and glowing in the Light of the Lord!!

there. i just thought you'd all like to know what you did last night ;) i hope it leaves you feeling as wonderful today as it did me.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is how I experienced the gift tongues. received in a time of worship. In my case it was a personal time of worship. I think that's one reason why I love charismatic/pentecostal worship. It's not so much about the performance but moving beyond into an experience of God. And led well, by an anointed leader can help a whole church go deeper.

-Shel

Karen said...

Wow. Wow, wow, wow.

I think I have to think about this and come back later.

bobbione8y said...

NOTHING TO THINK ABOUT.

you just stop thinking right now, and rest in His presence.

i mean it :)

Karen said...

can't.stop.thinking.

Which is probably why this kind of thing has never happened to me, right?

bobbione8y said...

um. ps....you were right next to me. really.


:)

Karen said...

Cool. I'm dancing in my chair right now, thinking about it.

I'll bet my mom was there, too!

bobbione8y said...

i'm sure she was. it was just so neat and comforting to know that God has plans for all of my loved ones, that we all have connections that will go on in Heaven.