Friday, February 27, 2009

friday treat


yeah! i woke up this morning with a pretty clear head, which surprised me given i felt a whopper of a cold coming on yesterday. thanks, zicam! i have never taken the stuff before, but it really does seem like a nasty tasting kind of magic.

anyway, while i was buying the zicam, i decided i DESERVED something. you see, i made it thru getting my taxes done this week, and a great big "schwew" is all i can say. taxes are hard to do. okay, i say two things. if you own your own business, taxes. are. bad.

so i treated myself to a full bag of jumpy monkey. no doubt, it's my favorite gourmet coffee. i like flavored coffee, so i actually buy the "cinnamon sticky bun" most times. oh boy. i have missed gourmet coffee, since i've been on a folgers budget for the last few months. i'll probably go back to that, but for one small 12 oz. package, i will savor the moment.

jumpy monkey is a sioux city, ia company. great story, they are an outreach for some sort of rehab center for people with brain injuries. from the looks of their website, they are doing pretty well. not surprised, the coffee is to die for.

i kind of wish they would hire me to do their packaging now!

:) happy friday ya'll!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Jumpy Monkey

I like that. It makes me think of my kids. I will add it to my list of wants...

Chris said...

Wish I could get there here! Gourmet coffee beans (flavored) is my weekend treat. I am enjoying a mixture of carmel & hazelnut creme beans. Yummy! The week days are for folgers. Hope you had a great weekend.:)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could get Jumpy Monkey outside of Sioux City! I agree -- it's yummy. And Cinnamon Sticky Bun is my favorite too. They also make a blueberry coffee that's surprisingly good.

The best part is the people who make it -- they're the most cheerful bunch, in spite of the difficulties life's handed them.

P.S. If you're serious about doing their packaging, I've got connections! ;)

bobbione8y said...

ellen. don't even tempt me like that! seriously, every time i look at their stuff, i think about what it COULD be :)

isn't the name great, though?

ps. i have seen JM at target, so i think they have at least a regional reach. their website is pretty good! i am impressed with their "coffee for a cause" and good coffee, at that.

bobbione8y said...

hey strom!

miss you girl! get off FB and come back to blogging :)

Chris said...

If you all would look at my status on FB, you would see I'm not on that much either. Just not finding time for home computer fun much anymore. I am missing you all though, a lot!