Tuesday, August 19, 2008

rambling on


garden on may 22nd


garden on august 19th


just like karen over at white walls forever, i'm struggling lately with what to write. late summer is definitely in the air, i smell fall now when i get up and go out to the back forty.

the late summer garden is a mixture of things. mostly it's overgrown and out of control, but still quite beautiful in places. i've been working to get rid of some of the weeds and dead stuff, and hopefully to prepare for digging up the last remaining lawn so that next spring i will have more room. always looking forward. one of my favorite things about gardening.

my spirits match the season. somewhat restless, ready for the new. but also a little melancholoy and hanging on to what was...not ready to let go of the last days of summer. it's a peaceful time when i just relax and let it be. here's to a joyous august day to you, wherever your garden grows.

4 comments:

carey said...

buddy, this is the time of year when i am begging for a freaky early frost to kill it all...tired of weeding and mowing and things are starting to look a little shabby. good thing God made seasons, a reminder that there is always something new and good coming...right?

Karen said...

ASK CAREY ABOUT THE STUPID IRISES. ASK HER ABOUT HER BRILLIANT IDEA. AND THEN TELL HER I WOULD LIKE SIX HOURS OF MY LIFE BACK.

And then tell me WHY WHY WHY my husband and children couldn't water the TWO freaking pots on the front porch. My basil/cilantro pot is fried, along with some beautiful purple things I should know the name of but don't.

bobbione8y said...

what? i just saw this after several days!

what irises? i will HOPE AND PRAY you did not ask carey for gardening advice? she thinks irises are gladiolas!!





aaaaaaaahhhhhhh!

Chris said...

We won't talk much about my garden, but yours is so pretty! I am feeling much of what you are too. I am getting excited for new fall clothes, and the 'notion' of doing more indoor projects since that is what has been seriously neglected all summer. But I know I will miss my favorite season, and am not looking forward to being cold again.